Monday, November 15, 2010

Mallika Kapoor has no time for Bollywood

Tamil and Telugu Actress Mallika Kapoor
Mallika Kapoor the dreamy eyed, Punjabi actress who toiled and made it big in Tamil Cinema claims she has no time for Bollywood and is having a gala time shooting for South Indian cinema. The actress made it big when she starred alongside Prithviraj Sukumaran in the Malayalam flick, “Albudhadweep”. She then went to star in a number of films like Puli Varudhu, Anthony Yaar? Azhgai Irukkirai Bayamai Irukkirathu, Vathiyar and Theeratha Vilayattu Pillai. She is all set to star in Kannada Harish Raj’s Gun.

Tamil and Telugu Actress Mallika Kapoor
Speaking about her absence from the film scene this year, the actress said, “People seemed to think I had left acting and disappeared from the scene, but I was actually recuperating from a back injury, which kept me out for all this time. Then, when Harish approached me with his script, I thought it would be the ideal time to make my return, especially because the script was great.” Mallika plays the role of a modern day journalist, and she feels she adapted the role quite well. “I was a bit jittery at the offing, however as I got to know the crew better, I settled in, got used to how Harish works, and everything fell in to place.” Being a Punjabi, one would assume that she would be far more comfortable in Bollywood.
Tamil and Telugu Actress Mallika Kapoor
However, the actress reiterates that she is not interested in doing Bollywood films at the moment. “I was never supposed to do movies in the first place, I simply went with the flow and ended up becoming an actress, I have absolutely no time for Bollywood at the moment” Mallika recalls her first ever film, and spoke about the misconceptions she had about the Kollywood industry. “I remember doing my first ever film, at first thought I’d have to put on weight, because I believed that people in the south liked only fat women in movies. However, after moving here, I’ve realized that this is just another myth.” Though the actress may claim otherwise, it remains to be seen if she will still snub Bollywood when all the big names with big money start approaching her.
Tamil and Telugu Actress Mallika Kapoor

No comments: